Terms and Conditions: Western Star – Community Calendar 2015 and People’s Choice
By entering this competition, Contestants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
1. Method of entry:
Photographers: The Western Star is giving amateur photographers the opportunity to be part of the Western Star Calendar for 2015. To enter, Contestants must submit an image that depicts theme of generations (families down through the generations). Submission of photos opens on December 2, 2014 and closes December 5, 2014.
Photographs are to be submitted in the following way:
a) Image Requirements:
- Images must be of landscape orientation which reflects generations.
- Images must be submitted electronically via email and supplied in JPEG or TIFF format.
- Images must be available at over 1MB to be printed.
- Images containing nudity, animal cruelty, sexualised images, harassment or other images deemed by law to be of an illicit or illegal nature will not be accepted.
- Written consent must be obtained from any persons appearing in the image to use in the calendar and submitted with the photograph.
b) Contestants may submit more than one photo
c) Contestants must submit photographs via email only to: email@example.com before the closure time/date).
Reader’s Choice – Community Calendar 2015
To enter, readers must collect and complete the nomination form published in the Western Star from Tuesday December 9, 2014 and 12:00pm, December, 12, 2014. Nomination forms can be submitted in the following manner:
- Send to: PO Box 287, Roma, QLD 4455.
2. Prizes: Photographers have the opportunity to have their images and identity published in the Western Star Community Calendar 2015.
- The top 24 photos will be chosen to appear in the Western Star for our People’s choice vote on Tuesday December 9, 2014.
- There will be 13 images chosen from all submitted images by a People’s Choice nomination.
- Images will be judged on the best representation and most unique image of Generation Theme.
- The names of the 13 photographers with the winning images will be published in the Community Calendar for 2015.
3. Competition duration:
Photo Images: The competition commences Tuesday December 2, 2014 and closes on Friday December 5, 2014. Entries received after the closure date will not be eligible.
Reader’s Choice - The nominations opens December 9, 2014 and closes at 12:00pm December 12, 2014. Entries received after the closure date will not be eligible.
4. Eligibility limitations: Contestants under the age of 18 years require parent/guardian permission to enter. The following persons are ineligible to enter:
(I) employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter as far as they are directly associated with this competition;
(ii) The spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household);
iii) Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name. All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
iv) Professional Photographers are not eligible to enter. A professional photographer is someone whose income or core part of business is based on photography.
5. Draw and notification: The judging for the 13 winning images from the 24 submissions will take place via People’s Choice nominations which will be tallied at 3:00pm on December 12, 2014. Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The winning images and names will be published in the calendar to be released on January 6, 2015. All Contestants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish his / her name, character and likeness. All contest winners must avail themselves for a photo if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilise publicity photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the Contestant.
6. Promoter's limitation of liability: To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained by any person and including, but not limited to consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the prize winner(s) and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the winners.
Promoter: Surat Basin News
ACN: 010 727 983