ARTC announces Inland Rail information sessions for region
RESIDENTS who want to learn more about the Inland Rail project through the Toowoomba region can turn up to several information sessions this month.
The Australian Rail Track Corporation has encouraged landholders and community members to come to the sessions, which will give people a chance to understand the process.
ARTC managing director John Fullerton said the first information sessions were crucial to the project.
"During my visit to the area last week I had the opportunity to meet with some landholders and other stakeholders to hear their views first hand," he said.
"We are committed to working with communities and landowners as a vital part of our planning and consultation work, and we value landholders and communities' input.
"These information sessions will provide more details about the preferred study corridor and our future work within the 2km study corridor.
"Held throughout October and November, the 14 sessions are just the start of our consultation."
The first information sessions will be held in the following locations:
- 6pm - 8pm, Friday October 20 2017, Gowrie Progress Association Community Hall, 24 Old Homebush Road, Gowrie Junction.
- 8.30am - 10.30am, Saturday October 21 2017, Southbrook Hall, Queen Street, Southbrook.
- 1pm - 3pm, Saturday October 21 2017, Millmerran Cultural Centre, 45 Walpole Street, Millmerran.
- 6pm - 8pm, Wednesday October 25 2017, Inglewood Civic Centre, 18 Elizabeth Street, Inglewood.
- 6pm - 8pm, Thursday October 26 2017, Yelarbon and District Soldiers Memorial Hall, Taloom Street, Yelarbon.
- 9am - 11am, Saturday October 28 2017, Pittsworth Function Centre, 42 Hume Street, Pittsworth.
- 2pm - 4pm, Saturday October 28 2017, Brookstead Hall, Madeline Street, Brookstead.
Seating is limited, so please register your attendance by phone 1800 732 761, or email email@example.com.