Menu
Entertainment

Auckland hip-hop music festival cancelled

A MAJOR hip-hop festival featuring acclaimed rapper Nas and a host of rising stars has been cancelled just a week out from the performance.

The Movement - which was also supposed to feature international acts 2 Chainz, Joey Bada$$, Angel Haze and Chiddy Bang - was due to be held at Auckland's Vector Arena next Wednesday.

Local acts Home Brew, David Dallas and DJ Sir-Vere were also set to perform.

But that show, as well as four Australian dates, has been axed after the withdrawl of Angel Haze, who had a "clash with recording commitments", and 2 Chainz, who had "Visa issues resulting from a pending unresolved court case".

Haze had already replaced Iggy Azalea in the line-up.

In a statement, promoters Live Nation and Niche Productions called the cancellation "disappointing" and promised full refunds to fans.

They said the line-up changes had "prompted patron feedback that the event no longer reflected what had been advertised".

"Despite their best endeavours, the producers have been unable to fulfill their commitment and as such it has been determined that the festival will not go ahead.

"Whilst this is a disappointing result, Live Nation and Niche view their commitment to deliver the events as advertised very seriously."

Fans vented their anger on the festival's Facebook page, with some pleading with promoters to bring Nas over to perform despite the festival's issues.

Dylan Ball said: "Seriously? What a joke! Here's an idea, take the money you were meant to give 2chainz and Angel Haze, give it to NAS and give him more stage time. By the looks of it most people (like me) were going mostly because of him. Give the people what they want and that is more NAS!!"

And Raheela Hussein said: "A week before the gig ?! Seriously ?!"

Refund information is available on Ticketmaster's website.

>>More Music News

Topics:  hip-hop music festival new zealand


Stay Connected

Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.

Expert raised contamination concerns at Linc site

The court heard from geologist Gary Love, who alerted Linc to potential contamination problems at the Chinchilla site.

He warned the company about groundwater risks

$3 million Powerball win for Dalby man

CASHED IN: Paula Troy and Malene Price said they were thrilled a Dalby man came forward to claim his division one victory.

LAST week's division one Powerball has been claimed by a Dalby man

JACKPOT: Man wins $3m in Powerball

A Dalby man has won $3 million in the latest Powerball jackpot

'Yeah, nah, that’s pretty good. I didn’t have a clue."

Local Partners