Which car is perfect for Mardi Gras?
WANT your car flaming? Not literally flaming, like the Mercury Series 9CM driven by Craterface in Grease, but we're talking gay.
Holden is automotive partner of this year's Mardi Gras, and will lead the way with its Official Mardi Car - a rainbow Holden Colorado.
According to www.gaycarboys.com co-founder Alan Zurvas, "cute things like Minis, anything open top like the Mazda MX-5 and of course Jeep Wranglers".
"I don't know how the Wrangler got that reputation. It might have been from those Queer As Folk episodes," he said.
"All queens are image conscious. In general, queens prefer posh cars if they can afford them, like the German brands. If they can't afford an Audi they would get a VW.
"When they start off driving their are usually in a base model prestige car. Like a BMW 1 Series. You can easily spot them being driven by two suspiciously neat men."
When Alan talks 'queens' that's reference to those who are outwardly gay - those comfortable with their sexuality and aren't afraid of the xenophobes.
"Those who are image conscious are brand conscious. If you are going to be in a convertible, you would have a brand sunglasses and a brand shirt," he said.
As for lesbians, it seems the Subaru Forester is the weapon of choice. "Every lesbian I know has had a Forester at one stage or has one," Alan said.
Alan's website has a unique, where he analyses the vehicles for how they look and feel inside - and not necessarily focused on the performance.
Our top five blokey cars:
5. Toyota Camry - they're reliable, conservative but boring. Like most men.
4. BMW 5 Series - large luxury sedans, the boys like to show they have coin.
3. Nissan GT-R - properly insane with supercar abilities.
2. Toyota HiLux - accompanied by big spotlights, bull bar, winch as well as a side canopy. And a dog.
1. HSV GTS - big, beefy and pure muscle.
Our top five girlie cars:
5. Eco-Boost powered Ford Mustang - if you are going to ride the pony, get on a V8.
4. Audi A1 - petite proportions and lovely lines.
3. Honda Jazz - with that name, it's hardly chest-beating.
2. Nissan Micra - oh, she's just so cute...just look at those eyes.
1. Fiat 500 - we're not sure if it's a handbag or a car.